This easy Pumpkin jam is a great addition to have when fall comes around. It’s perfect on toast, with pancakes, crepes, or in any baking recipe like these Pumpkin Buns. I use fresh pumpkin, honey instead of sugar for a healthier option, and a few spices. Get the recipe below. It’s pumpkin goodness!
How to make Pumpkin jam?
I like to use fresh pumpkin or butternut squash. Cut it into pieces and bake until soft. Using an immersion blender or food processor, puree the pieces. Once you have that ready, use the amount listed on the recipe card, or you can even double the amount.
In a saucepan, combine the puree, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cook for about an hour on low heat, or until the mixture has thickened. When you take it off the heat, add the vanilla, stir it, and let it cool off. Transfer to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to a month.
How to use Pumpkin jam?
You can use pumpkin jam by simply spreading it on toast with butter or adding it to pancakes or crepes. It’s great on ice cream, too! You can also use it to bake cookies or other baked goods. You can even use it on savory dishes, fish, chicken, or red meat. The options are endless; just have fun with it and enjoy!
More recipes to try
PUMPKIN BUNS FILLED WITH HOMEMADE PUMPKIN JAM – These are the fluffiest, softest, and absolutely delicious buns you really need to try!
THE BEST FALL PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BREAD RECIPE – This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is the perfect fall recipe to make. Moist, soft, and packed with flavors that will warm up your heart.
EASY PUMPKIN TURNOVERS MADE WITH PHYLLO DOUGH – Only seven ingredients but packed with flavor. Ideal for breakfast or an afternoon snack with a cup of hot tea. You don’t want to skip this one!
I would love to connect with you! Let me know if you try this recipe and please leave a star review for other people to see. This helps a lot the site and more people to find the recipe.
PUMPKIN JAM RECIPE MADE WITH HONEY AND SPICES
- 500 g Pumpkin puree or Butternut squash 2 cups
- 250 g Honey 3/4 cup
- 1/2 t Cinnamon
- 1/8 t Nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F(180C).
- Cut the pumpkin or butternut squash into smaller pieces, removing the seeds. Place them on a parchment-lined baking tray inside up. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or till tender.
- After it has baked, let it cool a bit. Remove the skin and either use a food processor or hand blender to puree the piece.
- In a saucepan combine the puree, honey, spices, and salt. Cook on med till it starts boiling, then turn down the heat to low and let it cook uncovered for about an hour. Make sure to stir once in a while, so it doesn't stick to the bottom or burn.
- When ready take of the heat and add the vanilla. Stir, and let it rest a bit. Then transfer to a jar or use as desired. You can keep the jam well sealed in the fridge for up to a month.
- You can substitute honey with 1 cup of sugar.
- If you have Pumpkin spice mix you can use about 1 teaspoon instead of the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- You can keep the jam well sealed in the fridge for up to a month.