This easy Pumpkin jam is a great addition to have when Fall comes around. It’s perfect on a toast, with pancakes, crepes, or in any baking recipe. I use fresh pumpkin and honey instead of sugar for a healthier option and a few spices. Get the recipe below, it’s pumpkin goodness!
How to make Pumpkin jam?
I like to use fresh pumpkin or butternut squash. Cut it into pieces and bake until soft. Then using an immersion blender or food processor puree the pieces. Once you have that ready, use the amount listed on the recipe card or you can even double the amount.
In a saucepan combine the puree, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cook for about an hour on low heat, or till thickens. When you take it off the heat add the vanilla, stir, and let it cool off. Transfer to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to a month.
How can you use Pumpkin jam?
As simple as spreading it on a toast with butter. Adding to pancakes, or crepes. It’s great on ice cream too! Using it to bake cookies or other baking goods. You can even use it in savory dishes, fish, chicken, or with red meat. The options are endless, just have fun with it and enjoy!
More recipes to try:
THE BEST FALL PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BREAD RECIPE – This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is the perfect fall recipe to make. Moist, soft, and packed with flavors that will warm up your heart.
EASY PUMPKIN TURNOVERS MADE WITH PHYLLO DOUGH – Only seven ingredients, but packed with flavor. Ideal for breakfast or an afternoon snack with a cup of hot tea. You don’t want to skip this one!
*This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Pumpkin Jam made with honey and spices
- 500 g Pumpkin puree or Butternut squash 2 cups
- 250 g Honey 3/4 cup
- 1/2 t Cinnamon
- 1/8 t Nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F(180C).
- Cut the pumpkin or butternut squash into smaller pieces, removing the seeds. Place them on a parchment-lined baking tray inside up. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or till tender.
- After it has baked, let it cool a bit. Remove the skin and either use a food processor or hand blender to puree the piece.
- In a saucepan combine the puree, honey, spices, and salt. Cook on med till it starts boiling, then turn down the heat to low and let it cook uncovered for about an hour. Make sure to stir once in a while, so it doesn't stick to the bottom or burn.
- When ready take of the heat and add the vanilla. Stir, and let it rest a bit. Then transfer to a jar or use as desired. You can keep the jam well sealed in the fridge for up to a month.
- You can substitute honey with 1 cup of sugar.
- If you have Pumpkin spice mix you can use about 1 teaspoon instead of the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- You can keep the jam well sealed in the fridge for up to a month.