For a quick, easy, and delicious dessert this Chocolate Panna Cotta is the perfect go-to recipe. You need only a few ingredients and no more than 15 minutes to have yourself a creamy, chocolate goodness. One pot, no baking required, and always a perfect result.
What is Panna Cotta
Traditionally Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert, which literally means “cooked cream” made of cream and sugar. It’s a creamy, delicate, and perfect light dessert. There are many different flavors and presentations of Panna Cotta. Some of the flavors are vanilla, chocolate, coffee, Hibiscus, lavender, caramel to name a few. They are usually served with some type of sauce to accompany the flavor.
How to make Chocolate Panna Cotta
For this recipe, I use half milk and half cream, but you can do it just with cream if you prefer.
First I heat up the milk and cream in a saucepan. Add the sugar. Once the sugar has dissolved I add the salt, vanilla, instant coffee powder, and chopped dark chocolate, or you can use cacao powder. Last, I add the gelatin and simmer for about 3 minutes till the gelatin is fully dissolved.
Remove from heat and pour the liquid through a sieve. Make sure you don’t skip this step or you may end up with pieces of gelatin that have not been dissolved.
Pour into desired containers (I like to use silicone molds or small glasses. But you can use anything you have on hand). Let cool at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge for at least 2 hours.
I like to serve this Chocolate Panna Cotta with chocolate sauce drizzled on top. You can easily make it yourself by simply melting some chocolate. You can also add jam or fresh berries which will beautifully complement the chocolate flavor. If you want to get extra fancy you can also add some chopped nuts, or something crunchy to add a different texture to the creamy Panna Cotta.
If you like this recipe I also recommend you try:
HIBISCUS PANNA COTTA – One of my most popular recipes and truly a must-try. I love the citrusy Hibiscus flavor, which makes this dessert perfect for a light end of a meal.
*This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Chocolate Panna Cotta – Delicious easy recipe
- 200 g Cream
- 200 g Whole Milk
- 100 g Granulated Sugar 1/2 cup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 t Vanilla extract or half vanilla bean seeds
- 1/2 t Instant Coffee Powder
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder or 150g Dark Chocolate
- 10 g Gelatin 1 tbsp
- In a saucepan heat the cream, milk, and sugar. Once the sugar has dissolved add the salt, vanilla, cacao powder, and espresso powder. Whisk them till smooth, then add the gelatin. Cook for about 3-5 minutes making sure the gelatin has dissolved.
- Next, pour the liquid through a sieve to collect any gelatin pieces that have not dissolved.
- Pour the liquid into the silicone mold or containers of your choice. Let cool at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge, and let them firm up for at least 2 hours (if they are smaller in size they'll be ready sooner).
- Serve with chocolate sauce or toppings of your choice.