I’ll be honest, this Rhubarb strawberry butter happened by accident, аnd I’m glad it did! I was testing a Strawberry rhubarb balsamic cake, and as a filling, I created this absolutely delicious butter.
I realized this butter is not only good on cakes, but you can use it in anything you like. It’s great on toast, with ice cream, or anywhere you would use nut butter or jam.
It’s so creamy and luscious, you’ll want more and more!
What do you need for this recipe?
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Rhubarb
- Balsamic Reduction (optional)
How to make Strawberry rhubarb butter?
The process is pretty straightforward. Chop the berries and rhubarb, lay them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray, and drizzle with balsamic reduction (if using).
Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F (176°C). After that, transfer them to a blender and blend for a few seconds, until it’s pureed.
Once it’s pureed, transfer it to a saucepan and cook with butter and sugar on low. You have to stir it frequently so it doesn’t burn on the bottom. You will know it’s ready when you run a spoon through it and it leaves a trail.
At this point, you can let it cool and transfer it to a jar. But make sure it has completely cooled before you close the jar.
You could use a sieve to get it extra smooth, but I do like the strawberry seeds in it.
Keep it in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, although I don’t think it will last that long.
I really love the flavor of this Rhubarb Strawberry Butter. The combination of sweet and sour, plus the creaminess, creates the perfect package.
Some people think rhubarb is too sour, but I think combining it with the right ingredients is the key.
It works great in pies and oatmeal. It can be used in baking or as an ice cream topping. Spread it on a toast. The options are endless!
If you are a fan of tangy, sour flavors like me, I also have this Hibiscus Panna Cotta recipe, which is also super yummy, very light, not too sweet, and the perfect summer dessert. If you are looking for something not too heavy after a big dinner, this is the dessert to try.
If you haven’t subscribed to my mailing list yet, I would love it if you do. I won’t spam your mailbox. I’ll only send you delicious new recipes and updates.
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY BUTTER RECIPE
- 350 g Fresh Strawberries
- 250 g Fresh Rhubarb 1 stalk
- 70 g Sugar 1/3 Cup
- 50 g Butter
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Reduction Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F (176C).
- Chopped the strawberries and rhubarb into about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transfer them into a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Spread them in one layer so all the pieces can cook evenly.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction and bake for 30 min.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend till it becomes a puree. Just a few seconds.
- After that transfer to a saucepan, add the sugar and butter and cook on low. Stir frequintely to prevent burning.
- It will take about 30 min or so. The best way to know when it's done is when you run a spoon through it will leave a trail.
- Ones thickened remove from heat and let it cool. When completely cooled, transfer to a jar. Keep sealed in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.