*This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
When I made my Yogurt Pancakes I thought they are the best, but wait till you try these Ricotta Pancakes!!! They are so, so good! Definitely on the top of the list. Super fluffy, light and airy, AND very tasty!
These Ricotta Pancakes are so easy to make, with just a few ingredients you can make your breakfast in no time. Plus they bring happiness with every bite, don’t believe me!? Try it and let me know.
PANCAKES = HAPPINESS !!!
I added a video bellow to show you the consistency of the batter.
This time I added fresh blueberries which I happen to have and shaved chocolate, of course. But you can use any toppings you like, or none at all. They are delicious even on their own.
I want to say a few words about the Ricotta cheese used in this recipe. I know it can vary from brand to brand or country to country. A different texture will result in a different batter thickness.
The Ricotta cheese I use for this recipe is very thick, if you are using a lighter type, then use less milk. That way the batter won’t be too loose. Or if you want, you can strain the ricotta cheese overnight, using a cheesecloth or nut milk bag, to get all the liquid out.
Just don’t worry, it will still be delicious. Have fun cooking! It’s not supposed to be stressful, but joyful!
The addition of blueberries brings freshness and extra flavor. I like adding them to the batter because when they cook they burst and create an almost jammy type of texture. And if you want to be extra indulgent adding shaved chocolate or chocolate chip will not only bring a smile to your face but you most likely be dancing after you try them 💃🏼🕺🏽! And if you do, I would love to see your moves!!!
And leave a comment here, it helps other readers, especially, if you have any questions.
Thanks for being here and I hope you like this recipe.
- 120 g AP Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 120 g Ricotta cheese
- 100 g Milk
- Fresh Blueberries, Chocolate chips
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan with a little bit of butter or oil of choice, on a medium heat stove.
- In a bowl add the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix.
- In a second bowl combine the egg, ricotta cheese, and milk. Mix them till smooth.
- Transfer the wet ingredients to the dry and mix everything. At this point, you can add any toppings you would like, fresh blueberries, chocolate chips, etc., and mix them into the batter.
- Scoop out the desired amount into the hot pan and cook till golden.
- Serve hot with any toppings of your choice.