*This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Everyone loves cookies! And these Almond Coconut Chocolate cookies are no exception. I love how easy they are to make. And who doesn’t like that!? These cookies remind me of coconut macaroons, except they are not as coconut-y.
They also happen to be:
And can easily be made dairy-free!
As you may know, I love chocolate, and adding it to these cookies made them even better! But how can you go wrong with chocolate, right? You can also sprinkle sea salt on top instead of the almond, because chocolate and sea salt just works together so well.
Now, let me tell you how easy they are to make!
All you have to do is mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the egg till frothy, add the vanilla, maple syrup and melted ghee (or butter, coconut oil). And then combine the two mixtures together. That’s pretty much all to it!
Have your baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I like using a cookie scoop to have the same size cookies and to make sure they are baking evenly. You can definitely use a spoon, just make sure they don’t differ too much in size. The size of the cookie scoop I used is 1.5 inch in diameter and the size of the cookies after baking is about 2 inches.
You don’t have to leave too much space in between the cookies, because they won’t spread, so you can have them pretty close together. Press them a little to flatten them and garnish with almonds, sprinkle with sea salt or just leave as it is. Bake them at 350 for 18-20min.
Depending on your oven, time can vary but don’t leave them for more than 20min. or they can become dry. Let them cool on a cooling rack and enjoy with your favorite hot drink. I also really like to eat them with yogurt. If you haven’t try that I highly recommend! Its delicious!
Almond Coconut Chocolate Cookies
- 2 bowls
- cookie scoop – 1.5 inch in diameter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 120 ml Maple syrup or 1/3 cup
- 3 tbsp Ghee (melted), butter or coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. or 176C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix almond flour, coconut, cacao and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg, vanilla, maple syrup and ghee.
- Add wet engredients to the dry and mix till everything is encorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop-1.5 inch in diameter or a spoon, scoop out the amount you want into the parchment paper. Press them gently to flatten. They shoud end up being about 2 inch in diameter. You don't need to leave much space between the cookies, they won't spread.
- You can top each cookie with almonds, sprinkle sea salt or leave it as it is.
- Bake for 18-20min
- When ready, trancfer them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!