*This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
If I have to define happiness, this will be the way. Chocolate always brings me joy, but mix it with bananas and it takes it to a whole other level! This Chocolate Banana Bread recipe is not only delicious but also very easy and quick to make. Even your kids can make it!
Now, lets get into it.
What you will need are basic simple ingredients. But most importantly make sure you have ripe bananas on hand, since they are one of the main component in this recipe.
I am using a 10″ by 4.5″ (25x11cm) loaf pan. It’s a non-stick, but I always like to line it with parchment paper, just in case.
Many recipes usually use vegetable oil, but I like to avoid it as much as I can. And in this recipe, melted butter instead works perfectly. Plus it adds a flavor and it’s better than using over-processed oil. Whenever I can use better ingredients, I do that. No matter if I make a salad or Chocolate banana bread, what goes into it and your body is important. Even if it’s indulging.
As you can see in the images, it’s very easy and quick to make it from start to finish. So if you don’t want to spend too much time cooking, this is a great recipe.
I am a dark chocolate lover, but you can totally use milk chocolate or a mix of both. I prefer to use chopped chocolate chips versus chocolate drops in my baking, but either will work. And if you want to add extra, well… you can never do too much chocolate, can you!? Although I think the amount in this recipe is the perfect balance of chocolate flavor and banana.
You can also add instant coffee powder, it enhances the chocolate flavor. It’s optional in this recipe. I’ve tried it with and without it, and it’s delicious either way. It’s really up to you.
The directions are pretty straight forward.
- Mash 2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas.
- Whip the eggs till foamy, this will add some air and lightness to the batter.
- To the mashed bananas add the sugar, melted butter, and whipped eggs. Mix till everything is nicely combined.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda,(instant coffee powder if using any), and salt to the wet mixture.
- Fold it gently, just don’t over mix, half away through the mixing add the chocolate, and fold few more times.
- Transfer to a baking dish, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake and enjoy!
I really hope you will try this recipe and let me know how you like it. And if you want more banana and chocolate recipes, I have the most delicious creamy Chocolate Banana Cream Pie recipe I highly suggest you try. It’s amazing!!!
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 200 g AP Flour or Pastry Flour
- ½ t Baking Soda
- 1 t Baking Powder
- ¼ t Salt
- 100 g Raw Cane Sugar or Light Broun Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Large Bananas or 3 small
- 80 g Melted Butter
- 60 g Chopped dark chocolate plus extra 20g for topping
- 1 t Instant coffee powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (350F)
- Melt the butter. Let it cool for a little.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl,(you will be adding the rest of the ingredients into it). Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate,(if using chocolate drops skip this part).
- Whisk the eggs till foamy.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder,(add instant coffee powder if using). Add salt. Mix.
- In the bowl with the mashed banans add the sugar, warm melted butter, and whipped eggs. Mix till combined.
- To the wet mixture add the flour and fold gently. Don't over mix. After the first few folds add most of the chopped chocolate,(leave some for topping), and fold few more times.
- Line a 10" by 4.5"(25x11cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and top it off with extra chopped chocolate.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 50-55min. Time depends on your oven. Check after 45-50min by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf, if it comes out clean, it's ready.
- Let it cook for few minutes in the pan. After that take it out of the pan into a cooling rack.
- You can cut into it while still warm. Enjoy!