This easy and quick chocolate chip banana bread is the most satisfying, comforting, and delicious dessert you can make and share with family and friends. It’s light and moist, with the perfect banana-chocolate flavor. I like cutting into it while it’s still warm with the chocolate chunks gooey and melted! So damn good! I just love it, and I hope you will too!
Chocolate always brings me joy, but mixing it with bananas takes it to a whole other level! This chocolate banana bread recipe is not only delicious but also very easy to make in no time. Even kids can do it!
Now, let’s get into it!
What you will need for this recipe
What you will need are some basic, simple ingredients. But most importantly, make sure you have ripe bananas on hand since they are one of the main components in this recipe.
Many recipes usually call for vegetable oil, but I like to avoid it as much as I can. And in this recipe, melted butter instead works perfectly. Plus, it adds flavor and is better than using highly processed oil. Whenever I can use better ingredients, I do that. No matter if I make a salad or a dessert, what goes into it and into your body is important.
As you can see in the images, it’s very easy and quick to make it from start to finish. So if you don’t want to spend too much time cooking, this is a great recipe.
I am a dark chocolate lover, but you can totally use milk chocolate or a mix of both. I prefer to use chopped chocolate chips versus chocolate drops in my baking, but either will work. And if you want to add extra, well… you can never do too much chocolate, can you!? Although I believe the amount of chocolate flavor and banana in this recipe is just right.
You can also add instant coffee powder, which enhances the chocolate flavor. It’s optional in this recipe. I’ve tried it with and without it, and it’s delicious either way. It’s really up to you.
I am using a 10″ by 4.5″ (25x11cm) loaf pan. It’s non-stick, but I always like to line it with parchment paper, just in case.
How to make chocolate chip banana bread?
Note! For exact measurements and directions, see the recipe card below!
- Mash 2 large or 3 medium very ripe bananas.
- Whip the eggs till foamy, this will add some air and lightness to the batter.
- To the mashed bananas add the sugar, melted butter, and whipped eggs. Mix till everything is nicely combined.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda,(instant coffee powder if using any), and salt to the wet mixture.
- Fold it gently, just don’t over-mix, halfway through the mixing add the chocolate, and fold a few more times.
- Transfer to a baking dish, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake and enjoy!
I really hope you will try this recipe and let me know what you think. If you want more banana and chocolate recipes, I have the most delicious, creamy Chocolate Banana Cream Pie recipe I highly recommend you try. It’s amazing!!!
More banana recipes
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD RECIPE
- Loaf Pan
- Flour Sifter
- 200 g AP Flour or Pastry Flour
- ½ t Baking Soda
- 1 t Baking Powder
- ¼ t Salt
- 100 g Raw Cane Sugar or Light Broun Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Large Bananas or 3 medium
- 80 g Melted Butter
- 60 g Chopped dark chocolate plus extra 20g for topping
- 1 t Instant coffee powder Optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (350F)
- Melt the butter. Let it cool for a little.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl,(you will be adding the rest of the ingredients into it). Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate,(if using chocolate drops skip this part).
- Whisk the eggs till foamy.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder,(add instant coffee powder if using). Add salt. Mix.
- In the bowl with the mashed banans add the sugar, warm melted butter, and whipped eggs. Mix till combined.
- To the wet mixture add the flour and fold gently. Don't over mix. After the first few folds add most of the chopped chocolate,(leave some for topping), and fold few more times.
- Line a 10" by 4.5"(25x11cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and top it off with extra chopped chocolate.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 50-55min. Time depends on your oven. Check after 45-50min by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf, if it comes out clean, it's ready.
- Let it cook for few minutes in the pan. After that take it out of the pan into a cooling rack.
- You can cut into it while still warm. Enjoy!