Simple and so delicious, this Blueberry Yogurt Cake is quick and easy to make. It’s perfect with a morning cup of coffee or tea, an afternoon snack, or just because a cake is always a good idea. It’s soft and moist, with juicy blueberries in every bite and a touch of lemon zest. You’ll love this one, I promise!
What’s so good about this Blueberry Yogurt Cake?
Well… in one word, EVERYTHING! To be more specific… It has a great texture. It’s soft, moist, light, with the perfect sweetness. Wonderful balance between juicy blueberries with a hint of lemon zest.
How to make Blueberry Yogurt Cake?
This recipe is so easy to make. One bowl. Mix everything and bake. Quick and dirty, like they say. Except, it’s not dirty, but quick and easy, I would say. If you would like a bit more directions on how to make it, read below and see images for reference.
Note: For exact measurements and detailed instructions see the recipe card below.
Line a springform with parchment paper and butter the sides and bottom. Wash and dry the blueberries, then mix them with a bit of flour. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
I use a stand mixer, but you can use a hand mixer if that’s what you have.
First, add the soft butter and sugar and beat for a minute, then add the lemon zest, eggs, yogurt, baking powder, and salt. Beat again till creamy.
Then gradually start adding the flour, a tablespoon at a time until no dry patches remain. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Transfer to the springform. You can add more blueberries on top and sprinkle them with sugar. Bake on the middle rack at 350F(180C) for about 30-35 minutes, or till golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
Let it rest in the springform for a few minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack or a plate.
This cake can be made with other fruits if you don’t have blueberries, like strawberries, raspberries, or even just plain. It’s great for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea, an afternoon snack, or on the go. To stay fresh and prevent it from drying out, keep it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, although I doubt it will last that long.
For more yummy recipes like this I recommend:
THE BEST EASY PLUM UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE – also a great recipe and easily adjustable with what type of fruit you want, or have.
PERFECT STRAWBERRY AND CREAM CHEESE BARS – These little cuties are easy to fall in love with. Sweet, tart, creamy, crumbly, all the goodness in one bite!
ORANGE LAYER CAKE WITH MASCARPONE FROSTING – If you like citrus, this Orange Layer Cake is for you! Layered with the creamiest Mascarpone and cream cheese frosting! It’s light, perfectly sweet, creamy, moist, and you can’t miss the orange flavor.
Easy and delicious Blueberry Yogurt Cake Recipe
- 115 g Butter, soft 1/2 cup
- 145 g Raw Cane Sugar or granulated sugar + 1 tbsp (to sprinkle on top) 3/4 cup
- 2 Eggs
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 125 g Yogurt 1/2 cup
- 325 g AP Flour + 1 t.(for the blueberries) 2½ cup
- 2 t Baking powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 250 g Fresh Blueberries 1½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 350F(180C)
- Line a springform or baking dish with parchment paper and use soft butter or oil to grease the sides and bottom. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the blueberries. Add 1 t flour and mix it in. This will prevent them from sinking into the bottom. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or regular bowl beat the soft butter and sugar for a minute. Then add the lemon zest, eggs, yogurt, baking powder, and salt. Beat again till creamy. Gradually start adding the flour, a tablespoon at a time, and beat on medium sped, till no dry patches remain. Don't over mix. Last, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish. Spread it on an even layer add more strawberries if you'd like and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or till golden on top and toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let it rest in the springform for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack or a plate. Enjoy!