Apricot season calls for this Apricot Ricotta Galette with honey drizzle! It’s not only easy to make but also is taste like Summer. Made with a delicate crust, creamy ricotta, delicious apricots, and a drizzle of honey. Not overly sweet, just the way I like it, but so flavorful! If you want to feel extra summery, top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and devour!
I love the summer season and all the fruits available. I like to call apricots, the peaches’ little brother. They are similar to one another, but they have their own flavor and character. And although I love eating them just the way they are, I also like to incorporate them into different baking and cooking recipes. And to make things as easy as possible I created this Apricot Ricotta galette, which is super easy and quick to make.
Tips for making the perfect galette.
- What makes the crust so good and flaky is the addition of vinegar. Definitely don’t skip this step, it makes a big difference in the texture of the crust.
- Make sure the butter and water are very cold. This will also affect the texture of the crust.
- Try to mix the ingredients quickly so the butter doesn’t become soft.
- It’s ok if you have bigger chunks of butter, this creates the rustic flaky crust.
I really like to use honey as a sweetener, especially in this recipe. It pares perfectly with the apricots. The creamy ricotta adds another level of flavor and creaminess. So overall you need just a few ingredients and you can make this so simple but delicious Apricot Ricotta Galette.
If you like this recipe I can also suggest:
THE BEST CHERRY CLAFOUTIS – This custard type of dessert is another supper easy recipe that I love. And what’s really nice about it is that you can eat it cold. perfect for summer! I highly recommend.
HIBISCUS PANNA COTTA – Creamy, light, and slightly tart, you need to try it! It’s again very easy to make and just perfect!
Easy Apricot Ricotta Galette with Honey drizzle
- 180 g AP Flour
- 1/4 t Salt
- 30 g Sugar 2 tbsp
- 100 g Cold Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-1.5 tbsp Ice Water
- 200 g Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Honey or Sugar
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 250 g Apricots
- Honey drizzle on top
- Cut the butter into small cubes and put it in the frizzer for 5 min.
- In a bowl sift the flour, add the salt, and sugar. Mix. Add the cubed cold butter.
- Using your hands work the butter into the flour till it rasemble a coarse sand(see photos)
- Then add the vinegar and 1 tbsp of the Ice water. Start mixing everything quickly till it starts to come together. At this point, you can dump the mixture onto the table. You might need to add a bit more water if it's too crumbly. As soon as it comes together, form a round flat disk-like shape about 1"(2.5cm) thick. Wrap it in plastic film and transfer to the fridge or freezer while you prepare the filling.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese with honey or sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Slice the apricots.
- Preheat the oven to 350F(180C)
- After the dough has chilled move it to a floured surface. Using a rolling pin roll the dough into about 1/4"(5cm) thickness, trying to keep a round shape. Then transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on top leaving about an inch(2.5cm) from the edge. Then arrange the sliced apricots. Fold the edges.At this point you can transfer the galette to the fridge for about 10min before it goes in the oven.Before baking you can brush the folded edges with a bit of milk and sprinkle more sugar on top. Drizzle honey on top of the apricots. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20min., depending on your oven (start checking after 12min). When ready, transfer to a plate, drizzle more honey on top, and add vanilla ice cream if you'd like. Enjoy.